THESE BROWNIES ARE AWESOME ANY TIME you’re craving something sweet, but don’t have all day to spend in the kitchen. YUM! They can be made gluten free or not-your choice! Both are delicious.
Ben’s Luscious Lemon Brownies
1 15.25 oz gluten free yellow cake mix*
1 box lemon pudding mix
2 eggs (room temperature)
Lemons for juice and zest
1 cup powdered sugar
1 T lemon juice (add to desired consistency)
Lemon zest for garnish
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with foil or parchment paper. Oil lightly so brownies lift out easily)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Using an electric hand mixer, combine dry cake mix, dry pudding mix, lemon juice, eggs and lemon zest in a medium sized mixing bowl
- Pour batter into baking pan, smooth evenly and bake for 22-24 minutes or until butter knife or toothpick comes out clean from center (no wet batter).
- Remove lemon brownies from oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Lift brownies out by the foil or parchment paper lining and let them cool completely.
- Whisk powdered sugar and fresh-squeezed lemon juice together in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Slice brownies into 9 squares, then drizzle with glaze over the top and sprinkle with lemon zest before serving.
* Betty Crocker works, Krusteaze cake mix is 18 oz. If you get that one by mistake, just add another egg and more lemon juice. That’s what I did and it worked out great. Both are good. You can use gluten free or regular cake mix.
Calories: 286, Carbs 64, Sugar 34, Protein 3g, Saturated Fat 1g, Sodium 420mg, Calcium 109mg