I MUST BE IN A SOUP MOOD this month, just saw my last post featured one of my favorites, pho, although I usually go out for that one – you’ve got to have that great, homemade beef broth for good pho.
I like making this with leftover roast chicken – makes for an easy dinner on days when my writing goes long, which according to my husband is every day…:)ha
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion – diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 stalks celery – diced
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon vinegar (balsamic or Bragg’s apple cider)
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup cooked chicken, cut or shredded
- 2 bunches kale, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- lemon zest for extra kick
- salt and pepper
- Freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, for serving
INSTRUCTIONS Heat oil in a large pot. Saute onions and celery until soft, add chicken, mustard, and kale with lemon zest. Continue to saute another few minutes. Add broth, lemon juice and vinegar, reduce heat. Simmer covered for half an hour. Voila! Sprinkle some Parmigiano Reggiano on it before serving and with a tossed green salad and a baguette, you’ve got a refreshing, tasty meal!